Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Panthers game at the Bell Centre on Monday night.
– Number of goals scored by David Desharnais at the Bell Centre this season, breaking the ice with a nifty backhand on Monday to notch his sixth goal of the campaign and first in front of his home crowd. 20
– Number of points in last 24 games by the red hot Desharnais, including six goals and 14 assists, after registering just one point in his first 19 games this season. 58
– Percentage of Max Pacioretty’s 26 points so far this year that have come on home ice, maintaining his position as the team’s second leading scorer with an assist on Desharnais’ opening marker. 2
– Consecutive number of games in which Brian Gionta has found the back of the net, scoring his seventh of the season to send the Habs to the second intermission with a 2-1 lead.
– Number of shots fired by the Panthers in the third period on Monday night after wiring just 11 in Carey Price’s direction during the first 40 minutes of play.
– Number of goals scored by Gionta in 38 career games against the Panthers, tying Florida with the Penguins as the Habs captain’s all-time favorite team to score against.9
– Number of shots fired by Pacioretty in the evening, leading all Canadiens players with 137 shots this season. 12
– Combined number of penalty minutes accrued by the Habs and Panthers on Monday night, with the Canadiens enjoying just two powerplays in the game. 10
– Number of points, out of a possible 12, the Habs have racked up in the past six games, going 3-2-1 in that span following Monday’s win against Florida.
Boxscore- Canadiens vs Panthers