NEW YORK - Here's a numerical look at Thursday's game between the Canadiens and Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
– Number of former Rangers who suited up for the Canadiens on Thursday, as Manny Malhotra, Brandon Prust, Christian Thomas and Dale Weise were all back on the ice in their one-time home. With Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau also on the Canadiens roster but sidelined with a concussion, ex-Blueshirts currently have the largest representation in Montreal of any of the other 28 NHL teams.21.4
– Percentage of career shut outs goaltender Carey Price has registered at the Rangers’ expense, with six of his 28 total clean sheets having come opposite the Original Six franchise.10
– Number of penalties doled out by referees Steve Kozari and Brad Watson during a hotly-contested first period between last spring’s playoff foes, as the Canadiens and Rangers combined for 26 total penalty minutes in the opening frame.5
– Number of times Brandon Prust has now dropped the gloves opposite Tanner Glass following Thursday’s first period bout, moving the Rangers forward into a three-way tie with Cam Janssen and Zac Rinaldo as Prust’s most common career sparring mates.88
– Lars Eller’s faceoff efficiency percentage after two periods at MSG, as the Danish centerman won seven of his first eight draws across three different zones.7
– Number of shots registered on goal through two periods by the Pacioretty-Plekanec-Weise line. The two wingers fired off a trio of shots each across 40 minutes of play while Weise tested Lundqvist with a scoring chance that eventually needed to be reviewed by the NHL command center in Toronto.
Making it four
Shake it off