MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Hurricanes game at the Bell Centre on Tuesday night.
– Number of games played by Carey Price so far in his career, joining Jose Theodore at No.5 on the team’s all-time list in that category. 111
– Consecutive number of games Andrei Markov has suited up for the Canadiens, not missing a single outing since his return from knee surgery on March 16, 2012, making him the team’s current Iron Man.
– Number of shots fired by the Canadiens in the first period on Tuesday night – including two goals – after launching just nine shots on goal in the first 40 minutes of Saturday’s game against Washington combined.
– Number of times Brandon Prust has opened the scoring for the Canadiens in 2013-14, getting the Habs on the board once again with his fifth goal of the campaign on Tuesday night.
– Percentage of faceoffs won by the Canadiens in the outing, including a stellar 61% and 72% efficiency by centermen Tomas Plekanec and David Desharnais, respectively.
– Number of multi-point nights enjoyed by Max Pacioretty so far this season, leading all Habs with 22 goals following his two-point performance against the 'Canes, including an assist on Brendan Gallagher’s first period marker. 7
– Number of shots blocked by Josh Gorges in the outing, bringing his season total to 148 – good enough for second in the league in that category.15
– Number of Canadiens players who registered at least one shot on goal in the game, with only George Parros, Travis Moen and Douglas Murray failing to fire some rubber in Anton Khudobin’s direction.
– Number of shutouts registered by Price so far in his career following his whitewash of the Hurricanes, now sitting one behind Theodore for seventh on the franchise’s all-time shutout leaders list. - canadiens.com
Highlights: Hurricanes @ Canadiens
Game Preview: Canadiens vs. Hurricanes
Notebook - Jan. 27, 2014