DALLAS - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Stars game presented on Thursday night.
– The Canadiens’ all-time record (since the start of the NHL) in their first game of a new calendar year entering Thursday night’s game in Dallas. 1,108
– Number of days that have elapsed since the Canadiens last made the trip to Dallas to battle the Stars in the Lone Star State, with Thursday night’s game marking the first time the two clubs have gone head-to-head in Texas since Dec. 21, 2010 when the Stars earned a 5-2 victory.100
– Number of consecutive regular season games Andrei Markov has suited up for, including Thursday night’s tilt in Dallas. The veteran rearguard is the player with the longest active games streak on the Canadiens, 10 games ahead of Alex Galchenyuk (90) and 13 games clear of Lars Eller (87). 2
– Number of times over the course of Max Pacioretty’s career in which the power forward has started the new calendar year by scoring a goal. The newly minted Olympian tallied on Jan. 2, 2009 in New Jersey before kicking off 2014 by beating Kari Lehtonen in the first period on Thursday night in Dallas.
– Percentage of NHL teams against which P.K. Subban has recorded at least one point over the course of his career, the Red Wings being the lone club against which the Norris Trophy winner has yet to get on the scoresheet. The defenseman tallied his first career point against Dallas on Thursday night, serving up a perfect feed to Pacioretty, before adding another another two points.2012
– The year in which Max Pacioretty, who was playing his first career game at the American Airlines Center on Thursday night, claimed the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy. Interestingly enough, a banner commemorating Masterton can be seen hanging above ice level. He played 38 games with the Minnesota North Stars before passing away on Dec. 15, 1968 after a hockey-related accident.62
– Number of different players with whom Travis Moen has fought over the course of his NHL career. The imposing forward clearly bested Stars defenseman Cameron Gaunce in a second-period tussle on Thursday night.10
– Number of assists Carey Price has recorded over the course of his career, adding a second helper this season on Thursday night by figuring in on P.K. Subban’s goal during the second period.7
– Number of times over the course of his career that star defenseman P.K. Subban has picked up at least three points in a single game. No. 76 did that again on Thursday night by amassing two assists before scoring a spectacular goal in the second period at the American Airlines Center.
SEE ALSO: Highlights: Canadiens @ StarsBoxscore: Canadiens @ StarsA just reward Number cruncher: Holiday savings