MONTREAL -- Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Devils OT thriller at the Bell Centre on Saturday night.
– Hits thrown by scrappy forward Travis Moen
against the Devils with his night’s work also including a tussle with Mark Fraser. 4
– Times Moen has dropped the gloves this season, tying him with Georges Laraque for the Habs’ lead in the fisticuffs department.
– All-time number of goals scored against New Jersey by former Devil Scott Gomez
, who got his new team on the board in the opening period by beating buddy Martin Brodeur.
– Number of points accrued by Gomez in his past 12 games.
– Number of pucks fired at Brodeur by the Canadiens during the match-up, bettering the team’s season average of 27.8 shots per game. 83
– Percentage of face-offs won by the Canadiens in the opening period, with the Habs winning 10 of 12 draws.
– Number of Canadiens who honed their skills under the Devils’ coaching tandem of Jacques Lemaire and Mario Tremblay, including former Minnesota Wild stars Benoit Pouliot and Marc-Andre Bergeron. See also:Game summaryThe Voice of the Fans