Here’s a numerical look at the third meeting of the season between the Canadiens and Maple Leafs on Thursday night at the Bell Centre.
- Habs and Leafs legends who took part in the pre-game ceremony honoring the longtime rivalry between the Original Six clubs. 458
- Points accumulated by Canadiens against the Leafs in 346 career matchups on home ice, thanks to the Habs’ 206-94-43-3 lifetime record versus Toronto. 15
- Swiss-born players to have ever played an NHL game, a list that includes David Aebischer, Mark Streit and now Yannick Weber
, who made his NHL debut against the Leafs. 8
- Goals scored by Maxim Lapierre in only 37 games this season, already eclipsing his career-high of seven notched in 2007-08. 364
- Career points piled up by Patrice Brisebois with the Habs, surpassing Jean-Claude Tremblay for the No. 5 spot on the Canadiens’ all-time points list for defensemen.
- Combined penalty minutes doled out on Thursday night, including no less than eight 10-minute misconduct calls in what was a raucous night at the Bell Centre, to say the least.
- Points amassed by Andrei Kostitsyn over his last seven games versus Toronto.
- Love lost between ex-teammates Sergei Kostitsyn and Mikhail Grabovski.