Here’s a numerical look at the Habs’ 6-3 win over the Rangers on Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.
– Minutes that had elapsed in the game before either referee, Paul Devorski or Dean Morton, raised an arm to signify a penalty. 4
– Hat tricks now recorded by Canadiens players this season, after Robert Lang joined Maxim Lapierre, Andrei Kostitsyn and Christopher Higgins with his trio on Wednesday night. The three most recent ones have all come on the road.12
– Games since Andrei Markov
last found the back of the net, dating back to Dec. 9 against Calgary.20
– Power play opportunities that had escaped the Canadiens before Markov ended the drought just three seconds into a Rangers penalty in the third period.15
– Times in 39 games this season that the Habs have scored at least four goals. The club is 11-1-3 in those contests.51
– Approximate distance in miles between Max Pacioretty
’s hometown of New Canaan, Connecticut and Madison Square Garden.
– Goals the Rangers have given up in the third period this season, after the Habs added four on Wednesday, the most of any frame.Heather Engel is a writer for canadiens.com