TAMPA – Here's a numerical look at Game 6 between the Habs and Lightning on Tuesday night.
– Number of times the Canadiens have taken part in a Game 6 since 2010, having now won five of those seven Game 6 outings in the last six postseasons, including Washington (2010), Pittsburgh (2010), Boston (2011, 2014) and Ottawa (2015). 1
– Number of times the Habs have been outshot in the Eastern Conference semifinals, having previously outshot Tampa in the first five games of the series by a 173-127 margin before seeing the Lightning fire 19 shots on goal to their 24 in Game 6. 4
– Number of times the Canadiens allowed three or more goals in a game this spring, including Tuesday’s Game 6 loss, with the team limiting their opponents to two or fewer eight times in the 2015 Playoffs. 6
– Number of shots fired by Max Pacioretty in the outing, vaulting him over Brendan Gallagher for the team lead in that category with 45, second behind only Alex Ovechkin in postseason shots.2
– Number of shots blocked by Andrei Markov on Tuesday night, bringing his postseason total to 27, good for second on the team in that category this spring.
Five Keys to the Game: Habs-Lightning #6
Price named Ted Lindsay Award finalist