TAMPA – Here's a numerical look at Game 4 between the Habs and Lightning on Thursday night.
– Number of playoff games Michel Therrien has helmed over the course of his NHL career, including Thursday night’s tilt at Amalie Arena in Tampa. Therrien joined veteran bench boss Randy Carlyle in 38th spot among all head coaches in League history in that department.5
– Number of weeks that have elapsed since the Canadiens last contested two games in as many nights. Before wrapping up their two-game swing in Tampa, the Habs hadn’t played back-to-back games since April 2 and April 3.2:44
– Time elapsed in the first period before defenseman Andrei Markov lit the lamp to open the scoring for the Canadiens. The Russian rearguard capped a perfect passing play featuring Max Pacioretty and P.K. Subban to score his first goal of the playoffs.1
– Number of shots the Canadiens needed to beat Lightning netminder Ben Bishop on Thursday night, as Markov’s tally came on the first shot Michel Therrien’s troops fired in his direction.9
– Rank Markov now occupies among the top point-getting defenseman in team history after getting the Canadiens on the board on Thursday night. Markov joined Jacques Laperriere and Patrice Brisebois in ninth spot with his 31st career playoff point.2
– Number of short-handed goals the Canadiens have scored during their current playoff run. When Max Pacioretty scored at the 8:43 mark of the first period while his team was down a man, the Canadiens tied the Lightning atop the NHL in that department this postseason.14
– Number of shots the Canadiens needed to chase Bishop from the Lightning goal on Thursday night, as the Lightning starter was pulled after allowing the Canadiens’ third goal of the night courtesy of David Desharnais.15
– Number of seconds that elapsed between goals by Desharnais and Jeff Petry during the second period on Thursday night, affording the Canadiens a 5-0 lead at that point in time.
Five Keys to the Game: Habs-Lightning #4
One tough loss
Price named Ted Lindsay Award finalist
Time to step up
Playoff notebook - May 4