NEW YORK - Here's a numerical look at Game 3 between the Habs and Rangers on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
– Number of fighting majors racked up by the Canadiens in the 2014 Playoffs, both to Brandon Prust, who dropped the gloves with Derek Dorsett in the first period in Game 3. 2
– Number of Canadiens players who were perfect in the faceoff circle in the first period, with Tomas Plekanec and Daniel Briere each winning all five of their respective draws in the opening frame. 30
– Consecutive number of games in which Andrei Markov had failed to light the lamp in the playoffs, dating back to the spring of 2008, before snapping that streak with a great backdoor goal on Henrik Lundqvist. 3
– Number of Habs players who have hit double digits in points this postseason, with Brendan Gallagher adding his name to that list following his assist on Markov’s second period goal.52
– Number of hits thrown by Alexei Emelin since the playoffs began, the 10th
player in the league to dish out as many checks so far this spring.
6,600 – Number of days since the Canadiens last played a postseason game at Madison Square Garden, dating back to a playoff tilt against the Rangers on April 26, 1996.
6 – Number of shots blocked by Josh Gorges in the game, accounting for nearly a quarter of his team’s total blocks in Game 3.
8 – Number of times, in eight games this postseason, in which the Canadiens were outshot by their opponents, including Game 3 in New York.
116 – Number of playoff points Daniel Briere has racked up in his NHL career following his go-ahead goal in the third period, now tied for fifth among all active players with Henrik Zetterberg in that category.
4 – Number of times the Canadiens have needed overtime to decide a winner so far in the 2014 Playoffs, heading into the extra frame again on Thursday after Chris Kreider tied it with 29 seconds remaining in regulation.
- canadiens.comSEE ALSO:BoxscoreGame highlightsPlayoff Central