TAMPA - Here's a numerical look at Game 1 between the Habs and the Lightning on Wednesday night at the Tampa Bay Times Forum.
– Number of Lightning skaters suiting up for their first career NHL playoff games on Wednesday night, with only Michael Bournival and Alexei Emelin making their postseason debuts at the other end of the ice.
2 – Number of points registered by Emelin in his NHL playoff debut, registering two assists and two blocked shots.3,643
– Number of days since the Canadiens were last in Tampa for a playoff game, dating back to April 25, 2004.19
– Number of seconds needed by Tomas Plekanec to reply following Nikita Kucherov’s opening goal, pulling the Habs even on the following shift.34
– Number of points racked up by Plekanec in 53 career playoff games to date, currently ranking 44th
all-time on the team’s postseason points leaderboard.
– Number of shorthanded goals scored by Brian Gionta in his NHL postseason career, jamming home his own rebound with P.K. Subban in the box for slashing to tie the game in the second period. 32
– Number of playoff goals scored by Gionta in his career to date, now tied with Jarome Iginla at 15th
among all active NHLers in that category. 1
– Number of NHL playoff goals scored by Lars Eller in his career, patiently outwaiting the Tampa coverage to give the Habs their first lead of the game in the third period. 12
– Number of mulit-point games enjoyed by Gionta in his postseason career, adding an assist on Eller’s goal to finish with two points against the Bolts.7
– Number of shots fired by Vanek in the outing, redirecting his first Canadiens playoff goal past Anders Lindback in the third period off a perfect feed from David Desharnais.3.25
– Average number of goals scored by the two teams combined in four regular season games in 2013-14, exploding for a total of nine goals in the first game of the series.- canadiens.comSEE ALSO:BoxscoreGame highlightsPlayoff CentralNumber cruncher: Secret weapons