MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Leafs match-up on Saturday night at the Bell Centre.
– Number of minutes needed for either team to enjoy their first power play of the game, with only offsetting, coincidental minors called in the first period before Erik Cole went off for slashing in the second.9
– Number of different line combinations used by Michel Therrien in the first period alone, looking to spark some offense from his team after falling behind 2-0 early on in the outing.5
– Team-high number of hits thrown by Rene Bourque and Lars Eller in the evening, bringing their season totals to 16 and 18, respectively.37
– Number of shots fired by the Canadiens in the outing, eclipsing the previous season-high total of 33 set during the second game of the year against Florida.5
– Number of times Brandon Prust has dropped the gloves so far this year, with his tilt against Mark Fraser in the third period vaulting the Habs heavyweight into second place in the league for fighting majors.1
– Number of times Brendan Gallagher has dropped the gloves so far in his young career, squaring off with Michael Kostka for his first career NHL fight in the third period. 32
– Number of extra pounds Kostka has on the feisty 173-pound Canadiens winger. 32
– Percentage of draws won by the Canadiens in the outing, their lowest faceoff efficiency of the campaign, going 33-for-70 in the faceoff circle on Saturday night. 18
– Number of days the Canadiens will have to wait to exact revenge for Saturday’s loss, with the Leafs slated to host Montreal for the third game of the season series between the two clubs on Feb. 27.
Game highlights: Habs vs. Maple Leafs
Boxscore: Habs vs. Maple Leafs