RALEIGH - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Hurricanes game at PNC Arena on Saturday night.
– Number of Olympians in uniform on Saturday night, including seven Habs – Carey Price, P.K. Subban, Max Pacioretty, Peter Budaj, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Markov and Alexei Emelin – and four Hurricanes, Andrej Sekera, Justin Faulk, Alexander Semin and Tuomo Ruutu. 32
– Number of points racked up by Plekanec in 32 games against the Hurricanes prior to Saturday night, his highest points-per game average against any NHL team, other than the Islanders, against whom he’s notched 33 points in 33 games. 433
– Number of hours separating Saturday’s opening faceoff and the puck drop for the Canadiens’ next regular season game, set to come out of the two-week Olympic hiatus at home against the Wings on Feb. 26, 2014. 4:16
– Amount of ice time enjoyed by Pacioretty in the evening prior to leaving the ice after crashing hard into the Hurricanes’ net in the first period. 4
– Number of shots fired by Daniel Briere in the first period alone, equalling his season-high number of shots in a single game through the opening 20 minutes.
– Number of games left on the schedule for the Canadiens in the 48 days coming out of the Olympic break, including five sets of back-to-back games.
– Number of Habs who have hit double digits in goals this year, with David Desharnais adding his name to the list following his 10th of the season in the second period.1
– Number of times Ryan White has found the back of the net in back-to-back games, following up his first goal of the season against Vancouver with his second one game later against Carolina. 1
– Number of points registered by Nathan Beaulieu since his latest call up, picking up an assist on Desharnais’ insurance marker in the third period. 5
– Number of points racked up by Desharnais in his current three-game streak, including three goals and two assists. - canadiens.com
Olympic outlook: Andrei Markov and Alexei Emelin
More is more