MONTREAL – Here's a numerical look at Saturday's game between the Habs and the Maple Leafs in Montreal.
– Number of Canadiens players who have scored at least one goal this season. Manny Malhotra became just the latest to do so on Saturday after snapping a wrister past Jonathan Bernier in the opening frame to score his first as a Hab.14
- Number of days since veteran defenseman Sergei Gonchar last suited up on the Bell Centre ice. The 40-year-old rearguard suffered an upper body injury on February 14 opposite Toronto before making his on-ice return exactly two weeks later in the same building against the same visiting team.2,443
– Number of days since the Toronto Maple Leafs drafted Greg Pateryn in the fifth round of the 2008 NHL Draft. The Habs would then acquire the 24-year-old defenseman in exchange for Mikhail Grabovski just a month later, in July 2008.62
– Number of games it took Tomas Plekanec to match his 2013-14 points total, picking up point No. 43 a full 19 games sooner than a season ago after scoring his 19th of the current campaign midway through the first.18
– Number of goals scored this season on which P.K. Subban and Andrei Markov have both teamed up to register a point. The defensive duo was at it again on Saturday night, each picking up an assist after setting up Plekanec’s first period wrister.24
– Number of points racked up by Dale Weise in 59 games this season, just six less than the 30 he had previously registered over 179 games between 2010-11 and 2013-14. The 26-year-old Winnipeg native sent a perfect pass Malhotra’s way in the first to earn the double dozen.201
– Number of career points registered by David Desharnais – all with the Canadiens – as the 28-year-old center hit the 200-point milestone with his tenth goal of the season, then surpassed it later in the third with his second of the evening.6
– Number of Habs who have now scored at least 10 goals this season. Desharnais becomes the latest addition to a list already comprised of Subban, Plekanec, Max Pacioretty, Alex Galchenyuk and Brendan Gallagher.31
– Number of career shutouts for the Habs’ All-Star No. 31, as Carey Price picked up his sixth clean sheet of the season opposite the Leafs on Saturday.
Talent on display
Feeling the love
Just about good to go