MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Lightning game at the Centre Bell on Saturday afternoon.
– Number of second-generation NHLer who have played at least one game for the Canadiens this season. After Jarred Tinordi, Christian Thomas becomes the second “legacy kid” to suit up for the Habs in 2013-14. Thomas’ father Steve scored 421 goals in 1235 career regular season games and is currently an assistant coach on the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning.3
– Number of players who have worn #60 for the Canadiens over the years. Christian Thomas joins Jose Theodore and Aaron Palushaj as the only Habs to wear that number. Only 19 players in the history of the NHL have worn #60.5
– Carey Price’s new rank for the most games played as a goaltender in Canadiens franchise history. Saturday’s game against the Lightning marked his 354th presence in net for Montreal.100
– Consecutive games played by Lars Eller, who holds the second-longest active streak on the team. The Habs’ current Ironman is Andrei Markov, who has suited up for the past 113 games.26
– Penalty minutes called during a second-period skirmish which involved Tampa Bay’s Ben Bishop and Radkos Gudas, and Montreal’s Georges Parros and Brandon Prust.8
– Shifts taken by George Parros during Saturday afternoon’s game. The forward only played 1:43 in total, which means that his shift were 12 seconds long on average.
2 – Consecutive games in which Daniel Briere has a goal. He scored one goal and added an assist against the Boston Bruins on Thursday and beat Ben Bishop to tie the game at one in the third period on Saturday.- canadiens.com
Highlights: Canadiens vs Lightning
Carey Price earns Molson Cup honour for January
Super Bowl XLVIII Breakdown