MONTREAL -- Here’s a numerical look at the Canadiens’ showdown with the Penguins on Thursday night at the Bell Centre.
409- Number of career assists amassed by Saku Koivu, surpassing Elmer Lach to take over the No. 8 spot on the Habs' all-time assist list. 21
- Number of points racked up by Mark Streit in 23 games so far in 2008.4
- Number of goals scored by Michael Ryder over his last three games. 14
- Number of games required by Ryder to score his previous four goals prior to his current three-game scoring streak.3
- Number of goals scored by Christopher Higgins in his last six games after scoring one goal in his previous 16 games.2
- Number of points recorded by Ryan O’Byrne over his last two games, after being held off the scoresheet over his previous 14 games. His only previous production came in his NHL debut in Boston on Dec. 6, when he picked up a pair of helpers. 4
- Game-high number of blocked shots registered by Josh Gorges
- Number of jerseys worn by Maxim Lapierre against the Penguins on Thursday, after tearing one in a second-period fight with Maxime Talbot. 9
- Number of points amassed by Alex Kovalev over his current five-game point streak. 6
- Number of points recorded by Andrei Markov
over his current four-game point streak, with all of his production coming by way of assists.
- Number of wins posted by the Penguins at the Bell Centre over the past six weeks despite being without Sidney Crosby, who remains sidelined with a high ankle sprain. 24
- Number of points registered by Evgeni Malkin over his last 10 games, as he continues to be the NHL’s scoring leader with 82 points. Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com