MONTREAL -- Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Panthers matchup at the Bell Centre on Wednesday night.
– Number of seconds needed by the Panthers to give the Canadiens their first power play of the evening, with Marty Reasoner heading off for tripping on the opening shift. 11
– Number of games out of the 13 played in 2011 in which the Habs have allowed the first goal. Despite that fact, they’ve still gone on to post at least one point in 11 of those games.10
– Number of seasons since a rookie Canadiens defenseman last reached the 20-point plateau, with P.K. Subban
becoming the first rookie blue-liner to hit the milestone since Andrei Markov
in 2000-01. 30
– Number of shots taken in Wednesday night’s second period as both the Canadiens and the Panthers each put 15 on goal with only the Habs finding the back of the net in that span.102
– Number of shots blocked by super-sized blue-liner Hal Gill so far in 2010-11, becoming the second player after Roman Hamrlik to hit triple digits in that category. 5
– Number of shots fired by set-up artist Scott Gomez
in the contest, with the veteran pivot also winning 12 of his 18 draws on the night.10
– Consecutive number of goals racked up by Habs captain Brian Gionta
since he picked up his most recent assist on December 7 against the Senators. 5
– Team-high number of game-winning goals scored by Gionta so far this year, with the captain scoring the winner in back-to-back games against the Capitals and the Panthers.
- canadiens.com SEE ALSO:Postgame comments: Martin
| Subban BoxscorePlekanec earns Molson Cup honour for January Pleky Gives Thanks