WASHINGTON -- Here's a numerical look at the Habs-Caps matchup at the Verizon Center on Tuesday night.
– Number of NHL games played by Jeff Halpern in his nine year career, playing more games against the Capitals (438) than any other team in that span. 6
– Number of days the Canadiens have had off since their last game before the All-Star break, dating back to January 25. 8
– Combined faceoffs taken by Halpern and David Desharnais
in the first period, winning all eight of those draws in the opening frame. 300
– Career number of NHL games played by James Wisniewski, hitting the milestone on Tuesday night against the Capitals. 13
– Number of points racked up by Wisniewski since his arrival with the Canadiens, maintaining a point-per-game average since being dealt by the Islanders. 7
– Number of shots fired by Brian Gionta
in the contest, bringing his season-total to a team-high 200, reaching the 200-shot plateau for the second-straight season with the Canadiens. 18
– Number of goals scored by Gionta in 50 games so far this season, including two on Tuesday night to bypass Tomas Plekanec
for the team lead. 4
– Game-high number of shots blocked by Jaroslav Spacek on Tuesday night. 3
– Number of Habs games that have needed overtime to decide the winner, with the Canadiens going 2-1 in those outings, including a win against the Caps.
- canadiens.com SEE ALSO:Boxscore