TAMPA BAY - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Lightning game at the Tampa Bay Times Forum on Saturday night.
– Time elapsed in the first period on Saturday night before either team registered a shot on goal. The Canadiens drew first blood in that category as P.K. Subban recorded the first shot on the night for the Canadiens on Lightning goaltender Ben Bishop.11:02
– Time elapsed in the first period on Saturday night before the Lightning managed to register their first shot on goal on Carey Price. Lightning forward Nate Thompson’s shot attempt on the Habs netminder caused him little to no trouble at all.3
– Number of shots fired by the Lightning towards Price during the first period on Saturday night at the Tampa Bay Times Forum. All of those shots came during a span of 1:28 between the 11:02 and 12:30 marks of the opening frame.5
– Number of shifts logged by Max Pacioretty during the first period on Saturday night before the power forward was forced to head to the locker room after taking a puck to the face. The New Canaan, CT native spent 2:48 on the ice prior to suffering the injury. He eventually returned early on in the second period.11
– Number of teams against which Tomas Plekanec has managed to register 20 or more points over the course of his career. The veteran pivot picked up his 21st
career point against the Lightning on Saturday night by scoring his 13th
goal of the season during the second period.7
– Number of points that Travis Moen has recorded thus far during the 2013-14 campaign, adding to that tally by picking up an assist on Plekanec’s goal that enabled him to surpass his point total from last season in 34 games played.
83 – Percentage of NHL seasons played by Brian Gionta in which the veteran center has amassed at least 20 points. The 34-year-old hit that plateau for the 10th time in his career by recording an assist on Plekanec’s second-period tally on Saturday night.
9 – Number of shots given up by the Canadiens through 40 minutes of play on Saturday night, the lowest shot total the Habs have afforded the opposition thus far this season.
6 – Number of teams against which Carey Price has registered double-digit wins over the course of his NHL career, adding the Tampa Bay Lightning to that list on Saturday night by picking up his 18th win of the season. SEE ALSO:Boxscore Game Highlights: Canadiens @ LightningGame preview: MTL @ TBL Back into gear