NASHVILLE - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Predators game at Bridgestone Arena on Saturday night.
– Consecutive number of games played by Andrei Markov, taking over the team’s Iron Man title from Josh Gorges who saw his 167-game streak snapped after sitting out of Saturday’s game with a lower body injury. 556
– Number of games played by Francis Bouillon as a Hab, joining Jacques Plante at No.46 all-time for most games played in Canadiens history after suiting up against his former team for the first time since returning to Montreal in 2012. 5
– Number of times the Canadiens have faced a left-handed goaltender this season, adding southpaw Preds netminder Marek Mazanec to a list that also includes Josh Harding (2), Jonas Hiller, and Steve Mason. 8
– Consecutive number of games in which the Canadiens had failed to get on the board in the first period, seeing that streak snapped by P.K. Subban with the opening marker before Max Pacioretty and Tomas Plekanec padded the team’s first period lead a few minutes later.
– Number of rookie goaltenders the Canadiens had faced in 2013-14 prior to Saturday night, doubling that total during their game in Nashville as first year netminder Marek Mazanec was replaced between the pipes by fellow freshman Carter Hutton after spotting the Habs three first period goals.
– Number of times the Canadiens have scored three or more even-strength goals in a game so far in 2013-14, now owning a 7-1 record when doing so following Saturday’s win. 1
– Number of NHL teams Carey Price has yet to register a win against in his career, with only the Colorado Avalanche remaining on that list following the 26-year-old’s first career win against Nashville.
– Number of wins racked up by the Canadiens against Western Conference opponents so far this year, tying them for second with Tampa behind only the Leafs (9) for most victories against Western teams.15
– Team-leading number of goals scored by Max Pacioretty this season, all coming in games the Canadiens have won, helping the Habs maintain a perfect 10-0-0 record in the games he’s gotten on the board. 168
– Number of goals scored by Plekanec during his Canadiens career to date, joining Gilles Tremblay and Shayne Corson at No. 37 all-time on the team’s scoring leaderboard. SEE ALSO:Boxscore Game Highlights: Canadiens @ Predators
Game preview: MTL @ NSH
Starting from the beginning