MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at Tuesday's game between the Canadiens and the Hurricanes in Montreal.
– Number of goals scored by Alex Galchenyuk as the 20-year-old center registered his first career NHL hat trick on Tuesday.1
– Number of times the Habs and Hurricanes have met so far this year, following Tuesday’s game at the Bell Centre. The two teams will meet twice more this season, including during the penultimate game of 2014 on December 29 in Raleigh.7
– Number of consecutive starts for Carey Price since December 1, including both games in a back-to-back set with Chicago and Dallas. With a trio of home wins most recently over Vancouver, L.A., and Carolina, the 27-year-old netminder has improved his record to 4-3-0 over that span.17:01
– Number of minutes elapsed on Tuesday night before the game’s first penalty was assessed to Riley Nash for tripping in a breezy first period at the Bell Centre.69
– Number of games Manny Malhotra played with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2013-14 as the veteran center faced his former team for the first time on Tuesday since leaving the Tar Heel State during the summer. The longtime face-off specialist was good on 79% of his draws against the ‘Canes.8
– Number of consecutive games against Carolina in which Montreal has earned at least one point, going 6-0-2 now over a span beginning on April 5, 2012.6
– Number of consecutive losses for Carolina following Tuesday’s action at the Bell Centre. Carolina has been outscored 18-6 over that span, finding the back of the net exactly once per game since December 4.7
– Number of wins the Canadiens have registered in games this season when Brandon Prust gets at least one point. The Habs are now 7-0-1 when the gritty forward adds his name to the scoresheet.0
– Number of losses Montreal has suffered when scoring first this season. The Habs are now 12-0-0 when taking control of ice breaking duties in 2014-15. - canadiens.com
Highlights: Canadiens-HurricanesTop talent
As good as it gets
This Holiday Season, the Montreal Canadiens reach out to the community with different initiatives.