MONTREAL - Here’s a numerical look at the battle between the Canadiens and the Rangers on the Habs’ 99th birthday, Thursday night at the Bell Centre.
- Combined Stanley Cup rings won by the 11 legends involved in the pre-game ceremony celebrating the rivalry between the Habs and Rangers. 9
- Consecutive goals scored by the Canadiens against the Rangers from their historic comeback from a 5-0 deficit on February 19, 2008, until Markus Naslund beat Carey Price
in the second period. 7
- Games Alex Tanguay was held pointless until he beat Henrik Lundqvist in the first period. 13
- Games in a Canadiens uniform needed by Georges Laraque to register his first points as a Hab. Laraque toasted the occasion by having his first two-point night since March 27, 2008, when he turned the trick as a Penguin against the Islanders. 6
- Points amassed by the line of Laraque, Steve Begin and Maxim Lapierre. 1
- Gordie Howe hat tricks now notched by Lapierre, who scored a goal to go along with an assist and a fight against the Rangers. .721
- The Canadiens’ point percentage against the Rangers on home ice over the course of their 82-year rivalry with New York.