PITTSBURGH – Here’s a numerical look at the Habs’ triumph over the Penguins on Saturday night.
– Seconds needed by Andrei Kostitsyn to open the scoring on his first shift of the game, after missing out on the last two contests.1.6
– Seconds left on the clock in the first period when Kostitsyn found the back of the net again, his first two-goal effort of the season.3
– Times this season that Tomas Plekanec
has now finished his night with a pair of assists. Saturday marked the first time he picked up two helpers since Nov. 7 against Columbus.2
– Hat tricks now recorded by the Canadiens this season, after Kostitsyn joined Christopher Higgins, who turned the trick back on Nov. 11 against Ottawa.5
– Games this season in which Evgeni Malkin has been held off the scoresheet, after failing to add to his NHL-best totals against the Canadiens on Saturday night.27
– Wins collected by the Canadiens since 1993-94 when a player nets a hat trick; the Habs are 27-3-1 during that span.444
– Days since Carey Price
recorded his first NHL victory – against the Penguins on October 10, 2007. Price earned his 38th career win on Saturday night.