DETROIT – Here’s a numerical look at the game between the Canadiens and the Red Wings at the Joe Louis arena on Friday night.
– Number of Stanley Cup banners on display at the Joe, second only to the league-record 24 banners currently dangling from the Bell Centre rafters in Montreal. 57
– Number of goals allowed by the Canadiens through 29 games so far, good enough for second in the league with a 1.97 goals-against average to date. 94
– NHL-leading percentage of power plays snuffed out by the Canadiens’ penalty killers on the road to date, getting plenty of practice on the PK on Friday night, killing off five of six Detroit opportunities with the man advantage. 3
– Consecutive number of Canadiens goals against the Red Wings that Michael Cammalleri has had a hand in, picking up an assist on Travis Moen
’s opening marker in the first period after scoring the only two Habs goals against the Wings last year. 8
– Number of points accumulated by Jeff Halpern in the first 29 games of his most productive season to date, finishing the 2003-04 season with 46 points for the Capitals. The 11-year veteran already has 16 points in as many games this year. 1.2
– Number of seconds remaining in the first period when Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom managed to redirect a Pavel Datsyuk pass past Carey Price
on a 5-on-3 power play.
– Game-high number of shots blocked by Jaroslav Spacek in the contest.- canadiens.com SEE ALSO:Bouncing back Red Wings 4, Canadiens 2 BoxscoreNotebook - Dec. 10