MONTREAL-- Here's a numerical look at the game between the Canadiens and the Penguins at the Bell Centre on Thursday night.
– Number of Habs players who have previously donned Penguins colors over the course of their careers. Georges Laraque spent two seasons in Steel Town before coming to Montreal and Hal Gill helped lead the Pens to the Stanley Cup last season. 0
– Combined number of penalties dolled out to the two well-behaved squads in the first period. 792
– Days since Carey Price
picked up his first career NHL win in his first ever start, back on October 10, 2007 at the Igloo in Pittsburgh.648
– Number of seconds required by the Canadiens to register their first shot on goal in the second period, a nifty Matt D’Agostini wrister over Marc-Andre Fleury’s shoulder at 10:48.
– Days since D'Agostini had last scored a goal, with the speedy winger having also sat out 13 games due to a concussion during that span.78
– Percentage of faceoffs won by Scott Gomez
, with the shifty center making good on 14 of his 18 draws on the night. 5
– Number of goals scored by Roman Hamrlik in 31 games so far this season, one less than his 82-game combined season total from 2008-09. 8
– Number of shots blocked by Hamrlik in the contest, giving him 88 on the year and vaulting him past Dennis Sidenberg for the No. 2 spot in the league.
– People in the Bell Centre on Tuesday night who thought that Gomez’s apparent goal in the third period was rightfully disallowed, namely referee Chris Lee. See also:Boxscore‘Tis better to give Canadiens assign Benoit Pouliot to the Bulldogs for conditioning purposes