MONTREAL -- Here's a numerical look at the match-up between the Habs and the Oilers at the Bell Centre on Wednesday night.
– Number of games played by Jaroslav Spacek in Edmonton during his brief stint with the club in 2005-06, suiting up for his 800th career game on Wednesday night against his former team. 7
– Number of years since the Canadiens last beat the Oilers in regulation time, a 4-3 win over the home team on November 22, 2003 at Commonwealth Stadium in the Heritage Classic. Since then, the Habs have won three games and lost seven others, all of which were decided in overtime. 2
– Number of teams who still haven't needed a shootout to decide the winner in the first two months of the season, including the Canadiens and the Ottawa Senators. 2
– Number of teams Scott Gomez
has yet to score, crossing the Oilers off that list with a first-period marker on Wednesday night. 36
– Number of defenseman in NHL history who have reached the 600-point benchmark, including Roman Hamrlik, who added his name to that exclusive list with a second-period goal against the Oilers. 7
– Number of multi-point nights enjoyed by Mathieu Darche
in his career, notching a goal and an assist against Edmonton on Wednesday night.
.SEE ALSO:Hammer Time Postgame comments: Martin
| Darche Youppi! is voting. Are you? BoxscoreBulldogs report - Dec. 1, 2010 Price named NHL's second star for November