NEW YORK – Here’s a numerical look at the Canadiens-Rangers matchup on Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden.
– Times Mathieu Dandenault has lit the lamp in consecutive games since joining the Canadiens back in August 2005. The versatile veteran netted the lone Habs tally in the first period against the Rangers after getting credit for a late second-period score against the Senators on Monday.5
- Hits dished out by Tomas Plekanec
against New York.10
– Points amassed by Glen Metropolit in 16 games against the Blueshirts.13
– Sets of back-to-back games on the Canadiens’ calendar this season, with the club posting a 6-6-1 record in the second matchup.
– Games in which the Habs had scored at least two goals, a streak that was snapped on Tuesday night.1
– Regulation loss suffered by Carey Price
in his last nine outings, with the 21-year-old going 5-1-3 during that stretch.
– Shots on goal by Matt D’Agostini in his return to the lineup after four games on the sidelines.Read also:Nifty at 50