|Ryan O’Byrne threw his weight around against the Leafs with a game-high six hits. |
Here’s a numerical look at the Canadiens’ regular season-ending 3-1 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs at the Bell Centre.
- Goals scored by Christopher Higgins over his final six games of the regular season on his way to setting a new career high with 27 goals. 10
- Points amassed by Mark Streit over the last seven games he was in uniform, with the forward/defenseman picking up a goal and nine assists along the way. 15
- Games in which Streit has picked up at least a point over his last 19 contests. 19
- Years since the Canadiens last surpassed the 102-point mark when Guy Carbonneau and the Habs topped the Wales Conference with 115 points in 1988-89. 141
- Consecutive sellouts at the Bell Centre dating back to Jan. 13, 2004.
- Players to have worn the No. 70 in Canadiens history prior to Gregory Stewart, who suited up for his first NHL game on Saturday night.
- Breakaway chances obtained by Stewart over his first two shifts as a Montreal Canadien. 100
- Career games played by Maxim Lapierre who has 13 goals, 17 assists and 84 penalty minutes so far in his young NHL career. 6
- Hits thrown by Ryan O’Byrne against the Leafs on Saturday night, including five in the opening period alone.
- Goals allowed by Carey Price
over his final nine periods of the 2007-08 season. 262
- Goals scored by the Canadiens in 2007-08, one more than the Senators for the league lead this season.Manny Almela is a writer for canadiens.com