MONTREAL - Here's a numerical look at the Canadiens-Hurricanes matchup on Monday night at the Bell Centre.
– Number of games played by Carey Price in the NHL since making his debut with the Canadiens on October 10, 2007 in Pittsburgh. 8
– Number of goaltenders that have seen action in 300 games with the Habs, six of whom have been enshrined in the Hockey Hall of Fame. 39
– Consecutive number of months in which the Molson Cup was awarded to a forward or a goalie, with P.K. Subban finally snapping that streak after receiving the honor for the month of March to become the first blue-liner since Andrei Markov in December 2005 to win it.28
– Number of points racked up by Subban so far this season, tying him for first among all NHL defensemen in that category with Ryan Suter and Kris Letang, following his assist on Andrei Markov’s opening goal.
– Number of power play points accumulated by Markov to date following his goal with the man advantage, now leading the league in that category.13
– Number of times, in 35 games, that the Canadiens have allowed a first period goal against, giving up just 15 total goals in the opening frame this season. 1
– Number of points picked up by Habs rookie Nathan Beaulieu so far in his NHL career, chipping in with an assist on Jeff Halpern’s first goal of the campaign in the second period.
– Number of rookies who have registered their first career NHL points with the Canadiens this season, with Beaulieu joining the likes of Alex Galchenyuk, Brendan Gallagher, Gabriel Dumont and Jarred Tinordi with his inaugural assist. 40
– Consecutive number of games in which Halpern was previously held goalless, breaking the streak that had dated back to Feb. 28, 2012, with his second-period marker. 30
– Number of points picked up by Halpern at the hands of the Hurricanes over the years, his most against any NHL team to date. 18
– Number of points racked up in 19 games by Max Pacioretty since breaking the ice with his “lucky” first of the campaign against Cam Ward the last time the ‘Canes were in town, on Feb. 18.6
– Number of Habs who have now scored 10 or more goals this season, with Pacioretty becoming the latest to hit double digits with a third period goal. 10
– Number of wins recorded by the Canadiens in as many games against the southeast division so far this year, three more than they won in 20 games against the division last season. -canadiens.com
Game Highlights: Canadiens-HurricanesBoxscore: Canadiens-HurricanesMarkov scores on the PPAutism Speaks: Pierre Groulx and Scott Mellanby