- The Canadiens skated in Brossard on Tuesday morning after posting a 3-2 pre-season win against New Jersey.
- Brandon Prust had a therapy day and did not skate. Gionta returned to form a line with Plekanec and Bourque, while Michael Blunden praticed with the main group.
- Douglas Murray skated in company of a physio and is still day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
- Alexei Emelin and Davis Drewiske did not practice.
- Carey Price and Peter Budaj were the first ones out on the ice with goaltenders coach Stephane Waite.
- Prospects Nathan Beaulieu and Darren Dietz practiced with the rest of the starting lineup. Greg Pateryn, Nick Tarnasky, Martin St-Pierre, Gabriel Dumont, Christian Thomas and Magnus Nygren skated on the other ice surface at the Bell Sports Complex.
- The team wrapped up the practice session with a round of shootouts. Assistant coach Gerand Gallant beat both Budaj and Price on back-to-back shots, to the delight of everyone on the ice...except the two goaltenders.
Lines at practice:
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Briere
Bourque – Plekanec – Gionta
Galchenyuk – Eller - Gallagher
Bournival - Moen – White
Parros – Holland – Blunden
Gorges – Subban
Bouillon – Tinordi
Markov - Diaz
Dietz – Beaulieu