- The Canadiens held a full practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Monday, ahead of hosting the Red Wings at the Bell Centre on Tuesday.
- Daniel Carr, who had been sidelined with a lower body injury since January 25, was back at practice in a no-contact jersey.
“I felt good. I’ve been skating for a little over a week now, so it was good to get out there with the guys and get some drills and reps in,” acknowledged the 24-year-old. “That’s my goal, [to return before the end of the season]. It just depends on the timing. Hopefully it works out but it’s a day-to-day thing.”
- Lucas Lessio was the only non-injured player not at practice.
- During his post-practice press conference, Michel Therrien hinted that P.K. Subban and Brendan Gallagher may return to action before the end of the season, and that Carey Price is also still working to be back.
- Forward lines at practice:
Max Pacioretty - Alex Galchenyuk - Paul Byron
Lars Eller - Tomas Plekanec - Torrey Mitchell
Phillip Danault - David Desharnais - Sven Andrighetto
Jacob De La Rose - Michael McCarron - Mike Brown