SUNRISE – The Canadiens skated at the BB&T Center on Friday morning in preparation for Saturday’s game against the Panthers.
- Jacob De La Rose did not skate with the team in Sunrise (therapy day).
- Nathan Beaulieu was also missing from Friday’s practice after suffering a broken thumb in Tampa on Thursday night. The 23-year-old defenseman will miss the remainder of the season.
- With the injury to Beaulieu, defenseman Brett Lernout was called up from St. John’s on Thursday night (emergency recall). He will join the team in Florida on Friday evening and will be available to play in Saturday’s game against the Panthers. He will wear No. 36 with the Habs.
- Brendan Gallagher was back skating alongside Alex Galchenyuk and Max Pacioretty on Friday morning after missing the last 12 games with the lower body injury. He will play against the Panthers.
- Daniel Carr will also suit up on Saturday for the first time since suffering what was at the time expected to have been a season-ending injury on January 25. The 24-year-old forward skated on a line with Mike McCarron and Phillip Danault during Friday’s practice.
- Carey Price met with the media on Friday after his second full practice with the team since suffering a lower-body injury on November 25. There is still no timeline for the All-Star netminder’s comeback between the pipes, but Price confirmed that he’s feeling increasingly comfortable in the crease as he continues working to regain his full range of motion.
- After posting his first career NHL shutout on Thursday night, Mike Condon will get the start against the top team in the division on Saturday night.
Lines at Practice