BATHURST - Here are five things you need to know ahead of Wednesday night's Kraft Hockeyville game against the Florida Panthers at the KC Irving Centre in Bathurst, NB.
1. This marks the third time the Canadiens have taken part in the Kraft Hockeyville game, after facing the Ottawa Senators in Salmon River, NS in 2006, and the Buffalo Sabres in Roberval, QC in 2008. This year's contest is celebrating the town of Renous, NB. However, the game will be held at Bathurst's KC Irving Centre as that arena has a larger capacity than the rink in Renous and will allow more fans to enjoy the experience of taking in a live NHL game.
Video: Youppi! visits Renous ahead of Hockeyville
2. The Habs will be holding an 11:30 a.m. AT morning skate at the KC Irving Centre. Fans are invited to greet the players on the red carpet on their way into the arena from 9:45-10:15 a.m. AT.
Video: Habs surprise a young fan in Renous for Hockeyville
3. Twenty-two Canadiens players are making the trip to New Brunswick, including Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Tomas Tatar, Jonathan Drouin, Phillip Danault, Ryan Poehling, Jeff Petry, and Ben Chiarot. As well, there are six players who have yet to suit up for a regular season NHL game who are in Bathurst: defensemen Otto Leskinen, Maxim Lamarche, and Cale Fleury, and forwards Jake Evans, Lukas Vejdemo, and Alex Belzile.
4. Fleury turned heads in his first taste of preseason action on Monday at the Bell Centre, delivering a strong performance in the Habs' 4-2 win over the New Jersey Devils. Another youngster who caught the attention of the Bell Centre crowd was goaltender Cayden Primeau, although he won't be making the trip to the Maritimes. Charlie Lindgren and Michael McNiven are the netminders slated to dress against Florida.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET (8:00 p.m. AT). You can catch all the action on Sportsnet One and TVA Sports on television, and on TSN 690 and 98,5 fm on the radio.