WINNIPEG -- The Canadiens held a morning skate at the MTS Centre on Wednesday, ahead of their first meeting with the Jets this season.
- Tomas Plekanec was the only player absent from practice, sidelined with the flu. Michel Therrien said that the veteran centerman will be a game-time decision, prior to warmups.
"It's still possible [that he'll play], but he really wasn't feeling well this morning, so we let him rest at the hotel. We'll see him again when he arrives at the arena," explained the Habs bench boss of Plekanec, who could see his 211 consecutive game streak end in Winnipeg.
The last time the 34-year-old missed a game was March 29, 2014.
- Brian Flynn took the Czech forward's place at practice, centering a line with Artturi Lehkonen and Paul Byron.
The full forward lines at practice were as follows:
Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Flynn - Byron
Andrighetto - Mitchell - Terry
Carr - McCarron - Scherbak
- Therrien also confirmed following practice that Al Montoya will be in goal to face his former team. The American netminder played two seasons in the Manitoban capital between 2012 and 2014, registering 16 wins in 35 starts.
"He's been very good for us," shared Carey Price, who will start on Thursday in Minnesota. "He's an awesome, veteran guy, so it's nice to have someone who's got experience in the League around. He knows the ins and outs of everyday life, and he's a guy we can rely on at any moment to go in and do the job for us."
Montoya is coming off a pair of wins against Florida on December 29 and Dallas on January 4. He'll be looking for his sixth win this season.
- Connor Hellebuyck will be in goal for the Jets, after making 28 saves in a 2-0 win against Calgary on Monday.
- Game time is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., Montreal time, and will be broadcast on SN and RDS in Canada.