MONTREAL - Here are five things you need to know ahead of Thursday night's preseason game against the Florida Panthers at the Bell Centre.
1. Just 24 hours after Claude Julien's contingent downed the Panthers 4-3 in Bathurst, NB in conjunction with Kraft Hockeyville, the two clubs will meet again in Montreal. On Wednesday night, Julien watched his group rally from a one-goal deficit in the third period to ultimately emerge victorious. It was Riley Barber who tied things up, before Alex Belzile scored the game-winning goal while the Canadiens were short-handed courtesy of a perfect feed from Ryan Poehling. Matthew Peca and Jeff Petry also lit the lamp. Goaltender Charlie Lindgren made 17 saves to register the win.
Video: Canadiens rally in 3rd for 4-3 win in Renous
2. The Canadiens' hopefuls were outstanding for a second consecutive game. Poehling, who made his preseason debut, put his tremendous skill set on display with that feed to Belzile, while Jake Evans made his presence felt time and time again on the ice. He picked up a helper on the Peca marker to open the scoring, and was relentless from start to finish. Likewise, defenseman Cale Fleury earned Julien's praise as well for his noteworthy play on the back end.
Video: Claude Julien's postgame press conference vs. FLA
3. Here are the lineups for both squads heading into Thursday night's encounter in Montreal...
And here are the Habs' forward lines and defense pairings featured at the morning skate...
Following the on-ice session, Julien confirmed that Carey Price will get the start in goal and play the entire game.
4. The Panthers have dropped their first three preseason games thus far this year. Among the more recognizable names in their lineup tonight are forwards Frank Vatrano, Vincent Trocheck and Troy Brouwer, along with defenseman Keith Yandle.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. You can watch the game on TSN2 and RDS, and listen to all the action on TSN Radio 690 and 98,5 fm. To purchase tickets, click here.