MONTREAL - Here are five things you need to know ahead of Saturday's game against the New Jersey Devils at the Bell Centre.
1. The Canadiens put together a big 5-2 win over the Capitals on Friday in Washington. Claude Julien's troops lit the lamp four times in the second period with goals from Phillip Danault, Shea Weber, Jordan Weal, and Nick Suzuki. Forward Tomas Tatar added an empty-netter in the third. Goaltender Carey Price stopped 26 of the 28 shots he faced in the win to help Montreal to its third straight win.
2. With his sixth goal of the season, Weber extended his points streak to five games. The captain has scored four goals and added three assists during that span. For his part, Tatar finished his night with one goal and three helpers - the first four-point night for the Slovakian forward. Tatar is leading the Canadiens with seven goals, 12 assists and 19 points.
3. During his pregame press conference, Julien confirmed that Keith Kinkaid will get the start in goal. The start will be Kinkaid's first at the Bell Centre this season. Newly called up from the Laval Rocket, forward Charles Hudon will take Paul Byron's spot in the lineup, who is out with an injury. Jesperi Kotkaniemi meanwhile draws back into the lineup after missing the last seven games with a groin injury.
4. The Devils also tasted victory on Saturday, beating the Pittsburgh Penguins 2-1. Travis Zajac and Blake Coleman found twine for New Jersey. Saturday's game will give Habs fans their first opportunity to see 2019 first-overall pick Jack Hughes in action; the rookie has four goals for nine points so far this season. Winger Taylor Hall leads his squad with two goals for 15 points. Meanwhile, former Habs defenseman PK Subban has recorded two goals for five points.
5. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. You can catch all the action on City, Sportsnet East, and TVA Sports on television, and on TSN 690 and 98,5 fm on the radio. The third edition of the CHic collection drops on Saturday and will be available at Tricolore Sports and at sections 113 and 104. For tickets to the game, click here.