- After a day off on Tuesday, the Canadiens were back at practice on Wednesday morning at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard. Michel Therrien’s troops will be back in action for their home opener on Thursday night when they play host to the Boston Bruins at the Bell Centre.
- All players were present at practice, including defenseman Alexei Emelin who missed Monday night’s tilt in Tampa Bay due to an upper-body injury.
- Before practice was scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. EST, the Canadiens’ power play and penalty killing units worked on special teams play on Brossard’s secondary ice rink with coaches Dan Lacroix and Clement Jodoin.
- After being sidelined since late September with a shoulder injury, Canadiens prospect Michael McCarron will return to action on Wednesday night when his London Knights go up against the Erie Otters. McCarron was injured in a preseason tilt against the Boston Bruins. Last season, McCarron put up 14 goals, 34 points and 120 penalty minutes in 66 games.
- The Canadiens sent forward Michael Bournival down to the Hamilton Bulldogs on Wednesday after practice. He will report to Hamilton immediately, and could suit up for games against Toronto (Oct. 17) and Rockford (Oct. 18) this week. Therrien, confirmed, however, that Bournival would return to Montreal next Monday.
Forward lines and D pairings at practice:
Subban – Emelin
Tinordi – Weaver
Markov – Gilbert