- After a day off on Thursday, the Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday morning. Michel Therrien’s troops will be back in action on Saturday night when they play host to the Minnesota Wild. Guy Lapointe’s jersey retirement ceremony will take place prior to the game.
- All players were present and accounted for at practice, except for Michael Bournival, who was injured in Wednesday night’s tilt in Buffalo. Bournival is sidelined indefinitely with a shoulder injury.
- Assistant coaches Dan Lacroix and Jean-Jacques Daigneault worked with the special teams units prior to the start of practice. They put the players through drills focusing on puck retrieval in the offensive zone.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Jiri Sekac will be in the lineup against Minnesota on Saturday night. He also indicated that all other lineup descisions haven't been made as of yet.
- For their part, the Wild were scheduled to practice at the Bell Centre on Friday afternoon.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Parenteau
Gallagher – Plekanec – Galchenyuk
Prust – Eller – Sekac
Weise/Bourque – Malhotra – Moen
Gilbert – Beaulieu
Subban – Markov
Emelin – Weaver