- After a day off on Sunday, the Canadiens returned to practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Monday morning. Michel Therrien’s troops will be back in action on Tuesday night against the Columbus Blue Jackets at the Bell Centre.
- The Canadiens announced that goaltender Carey Price would be sidelined for at least six weeks with a lower-body injury. He will not require surgery, though. Following practice, general manager Marc Bergevin confirmed the news. He mentioned that he is totally confident in his goaltenders, especially Mike Condon who performed brilliantly during Price’s first absence earlier in the year.
|Michael Bournival was back at practice on Monday. |
- Absent from practice since the start of the season, Michael Bournival finally skated alongside his teammates on Monday. He had been sidelined with concussion-like symptoms, but was working out at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard every day with the help of athletic therapist Vincent Roof-Racine.
“I’ve been working hard to come back ready to go since September. I’m happy where I’m at today,” offered Bournival after practice. “When I failed the medicals at training camp, I was really disappointed. I played hockey all my life and being on the sidelines was tough. It’s been a long process. I’ve worked hard, almost three hours a day. I’m happy with what I’ve been able to accomplish with my treatment and finally to be able to skate with the guys.”
- Recalled from the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps late Sunday afternoon, forward Daniel Carr took part in Monday’s on-ice session on the South Shore. Carr has put up eight goals, 17 points and a plus-7 differential in 21 games with Sylvain Lefebvre’s squad so far this year. He skated with Michael Bournival and Brian Flynn on a “fifth” line.
“I got the call after the game on Sunday. It’s an honour to be here and I’m really happy about it,” mentioned Carr. “I’ve been working hard with the coaches in St. John’s and I think things are going in the right direction for me.”
- Defenseman Tom Gilbert took part in Monday's practice session up until he came into contact with David Desharnais at center ice. Gilbert left the ice for about 10 minutes before returning and continuing on with regular drills. He skated alongside Greg Pateryn.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Eller – Galchenyuk – Andrighetto
Byron – Flynn - Thomas
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Smith-Pelly
Weise – Desharnais – Fleischmann
Carr – Flynn – Bournival
Pateryn – Gilbert
Beaulieu/Emelin – Petry
Markov – Subban