- After dropping a 6-2 decision to the Calgary Flames on Sunday night at the Bell Centre, the Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Monday ahead of their tilt against the Chicago Blackhawks on Tuesday night.
- All players were present and accounted for at practice.
- The Canadiens spent a good part of Monday’s practice taking part in high-intensity skating and battle drills in the corners and in front of the net.
- In his post-practice press conference, head coach Michel Therrien indicated that he is considering making lineup changes for the game against Chicago. That means that Jiri Sekac and/or Michael Bournival, both of whom have been healthy scratches as of late, could suit up as soon as Tuesday night at the Bell Centre.
- Therrien confirmed that Alex Galchenyuk will play wing against the Blackhawks after spending some time at center against the Flames. On Monday, Galchenyuk was featured on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Brendan Gallagher.
Forward lines and D pairings at practice: