- After dropping a 6-1 decision to the Colorado Avalanche on Saturday night at the Bell Centre, Michel Therrien’s troops practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Sunday morning in preparation for Monday night’s tilt against the Vancouver Canucks.
- A high-intensity workout was on the menu on Sunday. The Canadiens’ coaching staff had the players take part in battle drills and work on net-front presence, too, following a tough defeat on home ice.
- Alexei Emelin didn’t take part on Sunday morning’s on-ice session. The Russian rearguard missed Saturday night’s game due to a lower-body injury. Tom Gilbert and Greg Pateryn were once again paired together on D.
- Up front, Alexander Semin was still skating on a line with Alex Galchenyuk and Lars Eller. For his part, Paul Byron appeared to be the extra once again, rotating on the fourth line with Brian Flynn.
- After practice wrapped up, Carey Price hit the ice with goaltending coach Stephane Waite and athletic therapist Vincent Roof-Racine to continue his rehab work. The Canadiens’ starter is still recovering from a lower-body injury that has kept him out of the lineup since the beginning of November.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Gallagher – Plekanec – Pacioretty
Semin – Galchenyuk – Eller
Fleischmann – Desharnais – Weise
Smith-Pelly – Mitchell – Flynn
Subban – Markov
Beaulieu – Petry
Pateryn – Gilbert