- After picking up their fourth straight win on Thursday night against Boston, the Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday. Michel Therrien’s troops will be back in action on Saturday night when they play host to the Philadelphia Flyers at the Bell Centre.
- Andrei Markov was the only player who did not take part in Friday’s on-ice session. He was given a therapy day.
- Michael Bournival, who suffered a shoulder injury on November 5th in Buffalo, skated with athletic trainer Vincent Roof-Racine a few hours prior to the start of practice. Bournival worked with weights and weighted pucks during the session.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Carey Price will get the start in goal against the Flyers on Saturday night. He also indicated that there was a strong possibility that Dustin Tokarski would play against the Red Wings on Sunday night in Detroit.
- When asked whether or not he would use seven defensemen in his lineup once again on Saturday night, Therrien indicated that it could happen, but he did not confirm anything for certain.
Lines and D pairings at practice: