- After a day off on Sunday, the Canadiens were back at practice on Monday morning at the Bell Sports Complex.
- Michel Therrien’s troops are gearing up for a busy week that will see them play four games in the next six days. On Tuesday, they’ll battle the Winnipeg Jets before taking on the Boston Bruins on Thursday and the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday. All of those games will be at the Bell Centre. Following Saturday night’s game, the team will charter to Detroit where they’ll go up against the Red Wings on Sunday night at Joe Louis Arena.
- The Canadiens worked on special teams play for approximately 30 minutes prior to the start of practice on Brossard’s secondary ice rink.
- After being placed on waivers on Sunday, 32-year-old forward Rene Bourque was not at practice alongside his teammates. He later cleared waivers, and was assigned to the AHL’s Hamilton Bulldogs on Monday afternoon.
- In his post-practice press conference, head coach Michel Therrien indicated that the Canadiens would be calling up a forward from Hamilton as 12 forwards now remain in Montreal. He did not, however, reveal which player would join the team.
Lines and D pairings at practice: