- The Canadiens practiced Tuesday morning at the Bell Sports Complex, hours before leaving for a short two-game roadtrip in Buffalo and Washington.
- The first part of practice was devoted to the powerplay. Coach Michel Therrien freely rotated his top three lines on the man advantage drills, and employed Markov-Subban and Bouillon-Diaz at the point.
- Rene Bourque, who missed the last three games with a lower-body injury, returned to practice wearing a red full contact jersey. He is cleared to return to action, but will not play on Wednesday.
- Carey Price will likely make his 20th start of the season Wednesday in Buffalo. It will be his 27th career game against the Sabres (10-9-7).
- Coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Peter Budaj will start one of the two games later in the week. He did not, however, mention if it will come against the Capitals on Friday and the Maple Leafs on Saturday.
LINES AT PRACTICE