- After a day off on Tuesday, the Canadiens skated at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Wednesday morning before heading to New York where they’ll contest Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden.
- All players were present and accounted for at practice, hitting the ice well-ahead of the scheduled 11 a.m. start time.
- The Canadiens spent the early part of the practice session working on the power play under the watchful eye of head coach Michel Therrien, assistant coaches Clement Jodoin and Gerard Gallant, and goaltending coach Stephane Waite.
- Michel Therrien paired Alex Galchenyuk on a line with Tomas Plekanec and Brian Gionta. For his part, Thomas Vanek skated alongside Brandon Prust and Daniel Briere, while Michael Bournival rotated on that line as well.
- Therrien confirmed that Dustin Tokarski will get the start in goal in Game 3 on Thursday night in New York.
Lines and D pairings at practice: