- The Canadiens held a morning skate at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Monday before flying to Nashville ahead of Tuesday’s game against the Predators. Winners of their last three, the Habs now play a pair of games on the road – also visiting the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday – before returning home to Montreal for the weekend.
- Forward Torrey Mitchell was back at practice for the first time on Monday since suffering an upper body injury against the Islanders on March 14 which has kept him sidelined for four games. Head coach Michel Therrien hinted following practice that Mitchell could be in the lineup as soon as Tuesday.
- Therrien also confirmed that Carey Price, who is coming off back-to-back shutouts against the Hurricanes and Sharks, will be back in goal against the Predators. Rearguard Nathan Beaulieu will also be back in the lineup after sitting out Saturday’s 2-0 win as a healthy scratch.
- Tom Gilbert was absent from practice after suffering an upper body injury on Saturday. The 32-year-old defenseman did not make the trip to Nashville with his teammates, but could be ready to play at home this weekend against the Panthers.
- A significant portion of practice was dedicated to special teams on Monday. Max Pacioretty, David Desharnais and P.-A. Parenteau were paired on the first wave of a power play unit in Brossard, while Alex Galchenyuk, Tomas Plekanec and Brendan Gallagher formed the second wave during the morning skate.
OFFENSIVE LINES AND DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS AT PRACTICE
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Parenteau
Gallagher – Plekanec – Galchenyuk
Smith-Pelly – Eller – De La Rose
Prust – Malhotra/Mitchell – Weise
Subban – Markov
Emelin – Petry
Beaulieu – Pateryn
Gonchar – Weaver