- The Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Friday morning before boarding a charter flight to Toronto where they’ll battle the Maple Leafs on Saturday night.
- Prior to the start of practice, Carey Price hit the ice once again with head athletic therapist Graham Rynbend. The Canadiens’ No. 31 wasn’t sporting any equipment, though. On Thursday, general manager Marc Bergevin confirmed that the Anahim Lake, BC native would continue to be sidelined for at least the next three to four weeks.
- After missing Thursday’s on-ice session, Nathan Beaulieu and Jacob De La Rose both skated on Friday morning. Beaulieu missed practice due to an upper-body injury, while De La Rose was sidelined with the flu.
- Tom Gilbert was also back at practice on Friday. He’s been sidelined with a lower-body injury since late December. Gilbert was paired with Greg Pateryn.
- After being called up on Thursday afternoon from the AHL’s St. John’s IceCaps, Daniel Carr suited up for practice, too. He skated on a line with Tomas Fleischmann and Lars Eller.
- Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Mike Condon would get the start in goal against the Maple Leafs.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Pacioretty – Plekanec – Gallagher
Galchenyuk – Desharnais – Weise
Fleischmann – Eller – Carr
Flynn – Mitchell – Smith-Pelly
De La Rose
Markov – Subban
Emelin – Petry
Beaulieu – Barberio
Pateryn – Gilbert