- After dropping a 2-1 shootout decision to the Nashville Predators on Monday night, the Canadiens returned to practice at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Tuesday morning before departing for Washington where they’ll play the Capitals on Wednesday.
- Aside from several players already on the sidelines, three others were also absent on Tuesday: Nathan Beaulieu (lower-body injury), Dale Weise (flu) and Andre Markov (day off from practice) all didn’t hit the ice. Beaulieu, who ran into the Nashville Predators’ goal on Monday night, won’t be traveling to Washington. He will be re-evaluated today.
- Jeff Petry was back on the ice once again on Tuesday alongside his teammates. He has missed the last six games with a lower-body injury. Michel Therrien confirmed that he won’t be making the trip to Washington, either.
- Therrien didn’t feature any line changes at practice. Tomas Plekanec skated with Max Pacioretty and Brendan Gallagher, while Alex Galchenyuk skated with Lars Eller and Sven Andrighetto.
- In Beaulieu’s absence, Victor Bartley should make his Canadiens debut on Wednesday night in Washington. Recalled on Monday, Bartley took part in Tuesday’s on-ice session. You’ll recall that Bartley was acquired in the trade that sent Jarred Tinordi to Arizona back in mid-January.
- The Canadiens, meanwhile, have yet to reveal the identity of their starting netminder for Wednesday night’s tilt in DC.
Lines and D pairings at practice:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Andrighetto
Fleischmann - De La Rose - Byron
Lessio - Mitchell - Smith-Pelly
Bartley - Subban
Barberio - Petry
Emelin - Pateryn