- The Canadiens practiced at the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard on Monday before departing for a two-game Midwestern road trip. The Habs will take on the Blues in St-Louis on Tuesday ahead of meeting the Blue Jackets for the third and final time this season in Columbus on Thursday.
- Having missed the last four games, Sergei Gonchar was back at practice on Monday for the first time since suffering an upper body injury against Toronto on February 14. The veteran defenseman made his on-ice return sporting the Canadiens’ powder blue no-contact practice jersey, but will nevertheless travel with the team to St-Louis. Head coach Michel Therrien confirmed that Gonchar has been cleared to play but the decision to dress him will be made day-to-day.
- Still sidelined with a concussion, Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau skated on the second ice surface with strength & conditioning coach Pierre Allard on Monday while the rest of the team practiced on the main rink. The 31-year-old forward will also make the two-game trip.
- Alex Galchenyuk was back with his teammates in Brossard after missing the last two games with the flu. The 21-year-old forward practiced on the right wing, flanking Tomas Plekanec on a line opposite Lars Eller.
- After getting into a pair of fights against Columbus on Saturday night, Christian Thomas and Jarred Tinordi were back at practice wearing a full cage and a visor with a jaw protector as precautionary measures, respectively.
- Alexei Emelin was absent from practice on Monday. Sidelined with a shoulder injury suffered on February 18 in Ottawa, the 28-year-old rearguard was the only player to not make the trip.
Offensive lines and defensive pairings at practice
Pacioretty – Desharnais – Gallagher
Eller – Plekanec – Galchenyuk
Bournival – Malhotra – Thomas
Prust – De La Rose – Weise
Subban – Markov
Beaulieu – Gilbert
Pateryn – Tinordi
Gonchar – Weaver