- The Canadiens held an afternoon skate at the Canadian Tire Centre in Kanata on Tuesday. The team arrived in the Ottawa suburb early in the morning following Monday’s game in Detroit.
- Defenseman Andrei Markov was the only player absent from practice, benefiting instead from a therapy day off the ice.
|The 2015 Habs baseball on ice champions. |
- Coming off an impressive 2-0 win in Detroit on Monday, head coach Michel Therrien decided to reward his players with an unconventional practice, notably opting for a game of baseball on ice – a mashup the Habs have played at least once a year since a group of players invented it several seasons ago.
The winning side from the 2015 edition of what's become the Canadiens Pastime was drafted by Nathan Beaulieu and consisted of Dan Lacroix, Dustin Tokarski, Max Pacioretty, and Tom Gilbert. A photo of the latest championship team will soon hang somewhere within the halls of the Bell Sports Complex in Brossard after Clement Jodoin immortalized the moment at center ice postgame.
- Therrien confirmed on Tuesday that goaltenders Dustin Tokarski and Carey Price will split the work between the team’s upcoming back-to-back set against the Senators and Panthers. Tokarski will notably get the start on Wednesday in Ottawa while Carey Price will be back between the pipes at home on Thursday when the Panthers visit the Bell Centre.
- The Habs bench boss did not touch on any other potential changes to Wednesday’s lineup, indicating instead that a game day decision will be made in Ottawa.